Recent release of Mini-PC’s has given Foxhall Solutions another interesting and extremely cost-effective way to provide the extensive and fully-featured award-winning 3CX phone system, to small businesses.
3CX version 15 now supports deployment to a Mini-PC so that we can create a 3CX PBX Appliance on Microsoft Windows 10 (or now, Linux Operating Systems too). Using a Mini-PC you have a low-cost, reliable appliance that can be used in smaller offices where no server is available, or where server resources are already max’d out. These PC’s have no fans or ventilation requirements, and therefore can run 24×7 with no maintenance.
With the price of the IP-PBX central equipment minimised, you can also take advantage of low-cost SIP Trunk services to replace ISDN and analogue lines, reducing on-going service rentals and call costs by huge amounts! (we have seen reductions of 60% to 80% in monthly telecom’s spend). If you run a Small Business then this has to be the best way to get the best phone system at the best price. Besides its low cost – and 3CX’s low running costs, using a Mini-PC as a 3CX server, offers you several advantages:
- It will fit anywhere you can give it mains-power and a network connection.
- It can be connected by WiFi – if cabling issues make that the only alternative!
- Power consumption is extremely low (approx. 10 Watts).
- Without fans, this 3CX Server is silent!
- It’s cool! – Yes it looks great, but I actually mean – this ‘green’ machine won’t heat your office!
- The Mini-PC won’t suit every need, but its worth a look if you are wanting up to 20 extensions, handling 4 to 8 simultaneous calls.
- It will allow you to start small, and migrate your 3CX system to a more powerful Server platform as your business grows.
- It’s a 3CX – so it will do all the on- and off-site phone system things that have made 3CX a world-leader in PBX systems.
[Warning – tech’ stuff ahead!] The MINIX PC shown here, runs 64-bit Windows 10, has an Intel Atom quad-core X5-Z8300 processor, 4GB of DDR3L RAM, and 32GB eMMC storage. It can run an HDMI monitor or HDTV with Intel HD Graphics drivers, and has USB2.0 & 3.0 ports for mouse, keyboard and memory expansion. In addition, we can connect it to your network via Gigabit Ethernet, or WiFi and can fully remote-support the server and Yealink phones through its Internet connection … and, by the way – the MINIX also makes a great Media-server for your HD TV!
We can also offer you the same ‘compact’ and cost effective solution when you choose the Yeastar S20 IP-PBX. This ‘Asterisk’ appliance measures just 16 x 16 x 3 cm, yet will support up to 20 extensions and 10 simultaneous calls.
The Yeastar S20 will support multiple SIP Trunk accounts for low-cost flexible telecom’s – and – it has the ability to accept Yeastar’s range of plug-in modules to interface legacy analogue and IDSN lines, as well as GSM and 3G mobile services. See the Yeastar S-Series datasheet here …
When you want to talk about modern, functional & flexible business telecommunications without the old-fashioned prices and contractual ties … Contact Us at Foxhall Solutions.